We can be a great resource of info regarding travel insurance, but we've also put together a list of other resources here on our links page to see if we can be of any further help. 

Provincial Government Health Plans:

Here, you may be able to track down details to either

  1. apply for provincial health care if you are a returning Canadian or IEC working holiday visa holder; or
  2. ask for special permission to be absent from your province for longer than the 6-7 months that is the standard limit (for Canadians leaving Canada for a gap year, etc.).

British Columbia Health Care or, for IEC working holiday types, it is always good to supplement your private coverage by signing up to BC's MSP, once eligible.
Alberta Health and Wellness or for working holiday (or any temporary residents of Alberta on a temporary foreign workers visa) you can find enrollment info here.
Saskatchewan Health
Manitoba Health
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care or, if you are an IEC working holiday type, you'll find OHIP enrollment info here.
Regie de l'Assurance Maladie Quebec
Newfoundland & Labrador Health & Community Services
New Brunswick Health and Wellness
Prince Edward Island Health and Social Services
Nova Scotia Health
Yukon Health and Social Services
Northwest Territories Health & Social Services
Government of Nunavut Department of Health and Social Services

Searching the WWW for info and consumer sites:

Hand Tucher Web Directory

Canadian Travel Blogs/ Travel-related websites

Off Track Travel:   " Adventures beyond the beaten path" 



World Time           www.qlock.com/time 
Local Maps                 www.mapquest.com 
World Maps          www.worldatlas.com 
Health Info           www.mdtravelhealth.com 
Currency               www.x-rates.com 

Traveling to Canada?

Canada Tourism and Travel Guide. Everything You Need To Know About Canadian Tourist Attractions, Travel Planning, Canada Hotels and Things To Do. 

 Provincial Travel sites: