Toronto is the largest city in Canada (and fourth-largest in all of North America).
With more than six million people in the metro area and a reputation as a cultural melting pot, there’s something for everyone. The city is both uniquely multicultural and distinctly Canadian. Whether you visit in the summer or winter, there’s always something to do.
Considering flying to one of Toronto’s airports or driving in for your next vacation? Keep reading to learn about places to stay in Toronto, Canada.
The Best Places to Stay in Toronto: Neighbourhoods and Attractions
Before we look at specific places to stay, let’s highlight a few of the most popular areas and attractions for visitors to Toronto:
- Yonge Dundas Square and the Downtown Yonge area are full of shopping, food, culture, and much more. It has been compared to Piccadilly Circus in London and Times Square in New York because of its appearance and level of activity.
- The Entertainment District includes everything from nightclubs and restaurants to the home of the Toronto Blue Jays. It’s among the best areas to stay in Toronto for tourists.
- Kensington Market isn’t actually a market, but a neighbourhood celebrated for its diversity and multiculturalism.
- Lake Ontario doesn’t need much in the way of explanation. This Great Lake offers all sorts of opportunities for outdoor entertainment, from walks along its shore to watersports.
- St. Lawrence Market has been called one of the best food markets in the world and has a history dating back to the 1800s.
- The CN Tower stands out among the many buildings in downtown Toronto as it pierces the skyline. It offers incredible views of the city.
Where to Stay in Toronto: Top Hotels
While there are plenty of great places to stay in Toronto, these hotels are definitely worth a look.
Westin Harbour Castle
The Westin Harbour Castle says it offers the best of both worlds: premium amenities and easy access to downtown Toronto.
With everything from a heated indoor pool to tennis and squash courts, it’s easy to see why guests keep coming back. Enjoy in-house dining and cocktail options, or travel to a variety of nearby bars and restaurants.
The Stay Inn
The Stay Inn sits about halfway in between Toronto and Pearson International Airport, the major airport serving the city. Quick connections to public transit and a walkable local area make this hotel an engaging destination.
With amenities designed to appeal to business travellers and tourists, you can find what you’re looking for at the Stay Inn. Relax away from the hustle and bustle of downtown at night while immersing yourself in it during the day.
Get Peace of Mind for Your Trip
Travelling is that much more fun when you don’t have to worry about emergency medical care following an accident or the sudden onset of an illness.
Don’t spend time worrying about a worst-case scenario. Instead, protect yourself with visitors to Canada insurance. Get a quote today!